Power window

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by top teke, Jan 12, 2015.

1. top teke

top teke New Member

Hey all!

I did a search but couldn't find the answer to this - I just replaced my driver side power wondow motor (motor only). My problem is that when the window teaches the top or bottom of its travel, the motor keeps going till I hit the up or down button again. Makes a terrible hitting sound and the door panel pulses with it.

I read somewhere that there could be a calibration process, and somewhere else that there should just be a physical stop that prevents this from happening.

What'd I miss?

2000 Ranger 3.0 Extracab Automatic 2x4

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OldGunbunny

OldGunbunny New Member

I just replaced both motors and drive arms on my 99 Ranger. I don't recall any physical stop on either side. Can't speak to any calibration process.

4. Eddie Money

Eddie Money Member

When I replaced my electric lock actuators I found some very good videos on YouTube. I was able to pause and rewind the trickier stuff. It surprised me to find videos specifically for a ranger. It sounds like you've been searchng it up, have you found any videos?

5. volfireman07

volfireman07 New Member

Mine did that, but the gear was stripped. I had replace the whole assembly.