Power window won't go up

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Dave L., Sep 19, 2011.

1. Dave L.

Dave L. New Member

Hi all....I have a 99 Ranger XLT. Problem-came home last week and passenger window (power) would not go up. Garaged since last tuesday. I was having a problem last year-the passenger side would go down like the drivers side in auto position from time to time. Bought a new switch today-wasn't the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Probably your window motor...they're a bitch to do the first time since they're riveted to the door. They arent cheap either. Good luck.

Also while Im thinking of it, check your fuses

4. ramon201

ramon201 New Member

Have a 94' ex-cab and the power windows have acted up for years. At first it was the wiring that needed to be changed. The drivers side motor had been changed before I bought the truck and the wiring was a mess. Not to mention they pop-riveted the replacement motor back in and didn't do a good job. The window worked so I ignored it. Over time the gear on the window has become worn out and will go down but not all the way up. The last 1 1/2" I have to do by hand and use a cut off piece of 1/2" fuel hose wedged between the glass and the door to keep the window in the up position. The passinger side is now doing the same thing. I'm thinking about swaping the doors out for mechanical windows.