Odd noise and jump felt from rear...

Discussion in 'Drivetrain Tech' started by Redneck_ranger, Apr 26, 2012.

1. I noticed this happening a couple times lately. Sometimes when I'm coming to a stop, I feel the back end jump, and a clunk come from back there. It's not the brakes because I feel the whole truck, not the brake pedal, jump. I know my pinion bearings are bad in the diff, so could that be causing it? Or something else?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Its the drive shaft. It's common for our rangers. When you stop completely, its a bit of a sag, and a bump when you take off. I have heard slip yoke needs lube, I also heard its not a big thing. I kind of think its the start of a rear pinion bearing going though.

4. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

This.

Sounds like "slap-bump" from the slip in the shaft. She be dry.

5. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

My old F-150 did this exact thing. It felt as if when you came to a stop, the front ends brakes stopped sooner than the rear and it "folded up" a little. Then when you released the brakes, it kinda jumped just a little as if it was straightening out and it was all good. I figured it was a result of bigger wheels and tires. Bad analogy I know lol

6. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

well there pete, you shouldnt be walking around the gay community at night, that stuff will happen to you

7. El Camino Man

Hahaha!!!

8. hazard-maine

well the thread name is Odd noise and jump felt from rear...

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Okay, I figured it had something to do with the pinions. The mechanic told me they had some play in em and that they were going. I'll have to have that taken care of when I have them install the tcase.

10. Penis??wtf

11. Sorry Pete, but after Andrews comment I had to. lol

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I figured. Slapnuts is always interfering one way or another lol

13. hazard-maine

well your the one with the title leaving room jokes

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Stop derailing my threads dammit! It's hard enough breaking away from going off topic all the time. Hahahaha

15. hazard-maine

next time dont name your thread "odd noise and jump felt from the rear" and i wont derail it

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

-_______- Whatever, back on topic! I was driving back to school today and it did it REAL bad... To the point that the entire truck jumped forward and felt like someone had hit me. Gotta get them pinion bearings fixed asap...

17. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Christ. It's posts like this and people like this that make me want to leave sites like these. This is NOT facebook in technical sections.

This.

18. El Camino Man

I think its mostly cuz theres more teens on here lol. Thats how we act these days

19. Quit crying It's people like you who have no sense of humor also!
    Most people here, even mods have done **** like this cheer, up life might get better for ya

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012