New guy is a fuel sipper

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MPGranger, Jun 30, 2012.

1. MPGranger

MPGranger New Member

Hi, I'm joining this forum for Ranger specific tech support. I'm an avid hypermiler and have an average MPG of 33 tank over tank. I have a 2010 Ranger XL RWD with the 2.3L I4 with a manual tranny.

I have the Drop-In K&N filter, a magna flow muffler, a Scan Gauge 2, grill block, and just changed my oil to 5w20 synthetic (AMSoil)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Welcome to the site

4. edgeman4.0

edgeman4.0 2nd amendment activist

Hypermiler, never heard that term before.lol do you have plans of lowering and plating the underbelly for lower parasitic drag?

It probably will piss you off that I avg 12mpg consistently in my truck with the lift, tires, tune and heavy foot.

5. hypermiler has been a term for many years now, started of with the Honda insight , moved to the Toyota prius, never heard it used with a Ford Ranger until now, 33 mpg is great. Unless you have money to burn and dont give a **** about the enviroment that kids today will inherite, and could care less about using foreign oil, or have more money than you know what to do with. So welcome and good to see someone who cares about the enviroment.

6. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

hey welcome to the site. your lucky you get such good mileage. i get 12 mpg with my 4 cyl and i dont have a heavy foot.

7. OP
    MPGranger

MPGranger New Member

So you're pretty familar with my type LOL, It would only piss me off if I get 12MPG. (means whitey is going to the shop) My best friend has a lifted Ranger with all terrains and an inch offset wheels, but no 4x4 for some reason. But if you ever want that 12 to turn to 15 I do have some advice for the willing.

I'm not a hippie green douche, I'm more of a conservationist/realist.
    Too many deer=me going hunting
    high gas prices=me driving cheap
    There is a finite supply of dinojuice on this planet. As it gets more scarce, economics say less supply means higher price. So I am cool with fuel saving and alternative energy development as an ounce of prevention equalling a pound of cure.

Ever watch the documentary Who killed the Electric Car?" It's about the introduction and demise of the GM EV1 in California. They also mention other manufacturers playing catch up, including Ford making an electric Ranger as a fleet option.

8. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

oh wow 33, im getting 16.6 mpg with my 4.0 4x4 and with my 81 vw rabbit truck with 1.6t diesel im getting 60mpg

9. I suggest to all to watch " who killed the electric car" it is a good movie and should wake up a few. I also liked the Toyota Rav4 EV

10. OP
    MPGranger

MPGranger New Member

Funny story about the Rav4, although a little off topic. I'm looking to increase my household from 3 to 4 in the very near future so we have been doing some car shopping, my wife's MINI has a suicide door that makes one car seat doable, but the second would be very impractical. (sidebar: Anyone want a 2010 MINI Clubman naturally aspirated?) But the current Rav4 gets 28MPG and the new Ford Escape with the 1.6L ecoboost gets 33 (at the time it was advertised as 35). The other vehicles we were looking at were the Prius v, Mazda CX-5, Honda CRV, VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI. Well I gave the Toyota guy a chance to sell his two. He kept harping on the Rav4 and I kept telling him to pound sand because of the crappy FE. Long story short, that salesman helped me scratch 2 vehicles off my possible list. Right now, we are looking at CX-5, Escape, and Jetta Sportwagon TDI (barely).