New CB mount ideas

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Redneck_ranger, Mar 1, 2012.

1. So, I was driving yesterday and noticed some trucks had their CB antennas mounted directly into their mirrors. Would it be possible to fabricate something to fit our trucks, so that the antenna mounts directly onto the stem of the mirror? I kinda wanna try it now, but don't have an extra power mirror to use for it if I screw up. Anyone wanna donate?! lol But really, how would it look? And anyone wanna try photoshopping em onto my truck to see?

Use these pics if possible...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i thought of that too

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I really don't think it would look all that bad, then pull the mirrors apart and thread the wire through the door to the inside of the cab

5. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

do it like a semi truck

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

That's what I'm talking about. I can't find any pictures of the mirrors that have the CB antennas built into them though...

7. hazard-maine

i thought of a way that put the base inside the mirror behind the glass, had the antenna come threw the housing of the mirror with a grommit to seal it

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Sorta like this
    [​IMG]

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

10. hazard-maine

yeah kinda like that

11. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

that's how my buddie had 'em mounted on his F350, looked awsome. the mounts clamped around the mirror base (you can kinda see in this pic).

if you were to mount them that way, i would figure out a way to strap it to the mirror base, without drilling into it.

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I could get an L bracket (or rebend and cut the ones I have currently) so that they can bolt onto the mirror.

13. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

My mom works at a glass shop. They replace mirrors too. I can talk to her and see what she says if I rememebr

14. ob269

ob269 New Member

:warning, off topic:

JP. What glass shop she work at? My previous full time job(and now its one of my part time jobs lol) worked at a call center where we dealt with glass shops all day. Just wondering if I've ever heard of them..

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Wait, how did glass even get worked into here? Hahaha

16. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Neat idea...

But how did you plan on grounding the antenna exactly? Can't ground it to plastic...

17. hazard-maine

get no ground antennas

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Or run a ground wire from the antenna to the frame or somewhere non-painted.

19. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I bow down to you...

I totally forgot about NGP setups! lol.

20. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

lol Mainer actually came through with a smart idea! :thumbup:

21. RoadRanger

RoadRanger -Skylark65-

mabe use an exhaust clamp / U-bolt to clamp it to the mirror, with some sort of antenna bracket attached to that?