NASCAR Fans?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tonya Gilmore, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

As you can tell by the plate on the front of my truck I'm a Jr fan. Who is everybody's favorite driver?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

I'm a big Joe Gibbs fan and have been since I was a kid when he coached the Redskins. When he moved to Racing I followed him. I used to pull for Tony Stewart but now that he's left the team I just pull for everyone on the team. Kyle Busch is fun to watch though. Not sure what to think of the kid yet.

4. Chapman

Chapman F150

A girl that likes trucks, Nascar and Dale Earnhardt Jr.. will you marry me?

5. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

I was waiting for that. I knew it couldn't be too far off.

6. OP
    Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

Hahahaha. [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm already engaged man, but of course I'm always up for makin new friends. Unfortunately he just so happens to be a Tony Stewart fan [​IMG]

7. Chapman

Chapman F150

Oh dear..... sorry about that. (The Tony Stewart thing.)

Your hearts in the right place.. I'm not sure about his.. lol.

8. OP
    Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

Thanks lol Now that Tony's back in a Chevy I don't give him as much crap over it

9. Bill

Bill New Member

Several subjects here, Nascar favorite driver, anyone driving a Ford. Go Ford, two wins in a row. Nice! Tony Stewart, his stock just wet up in my mind, Chevy has some awesom drivers, Gordon, Johnson, Dale Jr., Stewart, not to bad a crowd to hang around. And last but not least subject, Tonya (Country Girl), afraid I wouldn't qualify, to old and slow. Think I'll stick with present wife 42 years in Aug. Good luck girl. ;)

10. OP
    Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

It was nice to see Kenseth take home 2 in a row.

11. Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

Yea, Matt Kenseth is tearing it up. Hopefully not for long ;)

12. OP
    Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

I was just glad to see the blue oval back in victory lane & not a toyota [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter REAL TRUCKS HAVE 3 PEDALS

I used to watch NASCAR religously but since toyota joined in I aint watched it (NASCAR is an american sport it should be strickly american cars in my opinion)

14. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

Pardon my wide minded comment, but since you put it that way...

Look at a door label of a Fusion or most of the sedans for that matter, most of them are assembled in Mexico using Ford parts.

Not disagreeing with you but to say that it should only be American cars is a little narrow minded. American manufacturers, sure.

A little background information- The gentleman who was in charge of the Tundra redesign project was an ex-GM engineer.

15. Chapman

Chapman F150

So since they're assembled in Mexico, that automatically makes it non-American?

Hmm.....?

16. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

No, but it does mean that they are not born, bred and assembled American. Its all about saving $$.

I by no means am a Toyota fan but I was simply noting since the topic was brought up about the Camry being in NASCAR. Also means something that the Camry is made in Georgetown, Kentucy whereas the Fusion is made in Sonora, Mexico.

Just interjecting a little food for thought, not to be controversial.

17. OP
    Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

I definitely agree with you 100%! Glad to see I ain't the only one that's the last of a dieing breed

18. mccaw69

mccaw69 New Member

Love racing,truck series especially,I'm a Smoke fan as well,but I also like Mark Martin.Sorry Tonya,but I really think Jr.'s overrated,just the name,ya know.Hendrix is giving him the best equipment available on a weekly basis,and he still can't do anything with it.No offense,but he does seem like a pretty cool dude.

19. DHPmike

DHPmike New Member

actually where a cars parts come from or where its assembled has very little to do with its country of origin. I mean that when you buy a Toyota truck made in Texas, where does the money go?? JAPAN, no matter where the parts came from or where it was assembled.

The same with an American car, the money comes here. so all you people driving anything other than a Ford, GM or Chrysler until recently... you are contributing to the downfall of the US as an economic superpower. when more money leaves the USA than comes in every day sooner or later we exhaust all our recources and we become just like any other country that imports more than it exports.

The Ford Fusion could be made in Tokyo and its still an American designed and built car. The parts are from US designs made by subcontractors that build to FORD specs and that makes the Fusion an american car.

The camry is a japanese car no matter where its made. The company that builds and sells it is in and from JAPAN and its a japanese design using japanese parts suppliers building parts in japanese designs.

If you dont know what I mean just look under the hood of an american Ford or GM car and see the difference in the way all the parts are made compared to the parts under the hood of a Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Honda

On the subject of drivers I believe that more people should be brand loyal. Thats a thing thats gone away here in the US. people used to be brand loyal. You drive down a street in anytown USA and you would never ever see a ford next to a chevy in any driveway.

I dont root for non Ford drivers and I hate anything that has to do with Hendrick or any other non Ford teams. Junior is doing what the critics said he would do. Everyone said as soon as he got into the best equipment he would start winning. The critics said he would not win because when he got in the best equipment his mediocre driving skills would show up. hes a good driver but he has trouble relaying what the car needs to go faster to his crew. that was proven when he got in Jimmy Johnsons car and layed down a faster lap than in his own car that he set up.

I do also hate Kyle busch but only because he drives a Toyota. If he drove a Roush Ford Id be his biggest fan. same for junior, if he drove a ford id be hoping someone would teach him how to communicate what the car is doing and what it needs.