More Power

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by DangerRanger99, Feb 11, 2011.

1. DangerRanger99

DangerRanger99 who wants a v8?

i got a 99 Ranger 4x4 with the gutless 3.0, wanted to know what is a good performance part i can do to pull some more power out of it.thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

You can try small with a screamin demon coil pack, new plugs and wires. Or go big with a tuner, they are pricey but may boost your truck a little bit and make it run more efficient. There is an underpulley for your truck too but really nothing I know of besides a turbo charger that will beef up the performance alot

4. OP
    DangerRanger99

i thought about a throtle body spacer since its only the less exp. side but wasnt sure

5. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

you can get a demon coil pack, CAI, Exhaust, chip, programmer, maybe replace the Cam. Its all up to you though. I cant tell you what to buy or what to put on your truck. Its all personal preferance I can just tell you what can help add some HP mind you it wont be much. you bought a ranger not a ferrari.

6. OP
    DangerRanger99

very true my last truck was a v8 f150 and i just miss the power and would like to gain a little power

7. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

there is nothing like a V8 5.0L

but yeah you can do the suggested and see what you like.

8. OP
    DangerRanger99

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I was going to do the spacer a loong time ago, but I learned its junk and doesnt do a thing. I think the above recommendations are a good start along with good maintenance, Tune ups, Cleaning intakes and one of my favorites in simply going to a decent synthetic oil. Also I am a believer in using what is recommended for you truck such as motorcraft oil filters, wires etc

10. whisky

whisky New Member

A cai (cold air intake) wont give you anything either. Exaust maybe a little. Underdrive pulleys a tiny bit Probably a full tune up will help the most. My .02

11. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

^^ It's good 2 cents Whiskey, I agree brother!

12. blkranger231

blkranger231 Foxtrot Mike Lima

eletric fans also a good one for a few

13. whisky

whisky New Member

^^^ Thats a good one, that would take some drag of your motor.

14. OP
    DangerRanger99

i have exhasut on it but i didnt see much of an increase personally

15. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

There are little thing you can do to it like mentioned above but you may not notice much of a power difference, but it may make for a healthier running truck.

I am going to move this thread to the 3.0 Tech category

16. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

The best performance mods I did..... (that I noticed) was the screaming demon coil pack and the jet performance tuner... The tuner was very expensive but by far helped the most....i also have a gibson cat back air box mod with k&n drop in, the only thing I noticed about these mods was a cool sound when I layed into it.

17. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Oh and the bbk helped too....try cleaning your MAF sensor if it has never been cleaned it will free up some HP and some MPG's

18. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

I just reset my computer back to stock with the tuner just to see...and god damm...def the best performance mod I own

19. DPG3

DPG3 Member

anything cheap that will get the most power?

20. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

......no