Manual Hubs

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Hards 02, May 3, 2011.

1. Hards 02

Hards 02 New Member

Is there manual hubs replacement available for the auto hubs on an 2002?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I dont think so...Hub assemblies are all one peice on them...sealed units.

4. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

01+ rangers dont have auto hubs, they have a live axle. only thing that engages/ disengages when you flip the switch is the transfer case.

5. OP
    Hards 02

Hards 02 New Member

My jeep`s transfercase is that way , you put it in 4x4 position and it`s in , but an after market replacement bearing and spindal is available so you can have manual lock or unlock hubs , the only bad part is you have to change to the 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern . My 1990 Toyota with IFS front end can be changed over to manual hubs and stay with OEM parts. Thats why I was asking.

6. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

if you buy 98-2000.5 hub assembly's and CV axles you can then convert to manual hubs because rugged ridge (formerly AVM) makes a manual hub conversion for the 98-2000.5 PVH hub setup but that set up is notoriously weak, youre better off staying with the live axle setup.

7. SpitfireEMT

SpitfireEMT New Member

Hell, can you convert to the live axle setup? I think having 2 fewer parts to break would be a good thing