lift with 30x9.50 tires?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Codyhurly64, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Codyhurly64

Codyhurly64 New Member

I have a set of 30x9.50 mud tires on my truck now. The stock tires were 235/75r15. The 30x9.50 are slightly taller and wider than stock, but not much. Do you guys think it would look funny to get a 1 or 2 inch lift but stay with the same 30 inch tires?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Codyhurly64

Codyhurly64 New Member

Pics

Sorry, I forgot to put some pics in to help you guys out. Here you are!

4. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

i got a 3" body lift i could sell you that would look good

5. if you do a 3" lift go bigger tires, otherwise it looks great leave it that way

6. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

If you don't have it done already get under there and crank those t bars!

7. OP
    Codyhurly64

Codyhurly64 New Member

I agree that a 3" lift would need bigger tires. What do you guys think of a 1 or 2 inch?

8. why bother with 1 or 2 inch is my thought

9. OP
    Codyhurly64

Codyhurly64 New Member

Because for one bigger than that I would have to drop a ton of money on the lift and then another $800+ on bigger tires. And If I get wider tires than I will have to buy new rims which is another $600+. And I'm only 16.

10. ok, then keep it the way it is, but you know it is your truck and money, just if it was me and I had no funds and the truck looks great as it is in the pics. I would ask myself I know I can get a different mod for the truck that is cheaper like an OHC, or Thunderbolt turn signal mirrors those are way cool

but only you can decide

I do know oone thing I will probably get for mine is a front skid plate after taking mine out over the weekend I ran up on some rocks ...not good

11. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Leave it how it is. It looks good at stock height

12. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

no buy the tires next time you need tires simple as that. I have 32's on my truck at stock height. Hopefully this weekend or sometime next week Ill have 35's on a newer truck at stock height

13. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

30's on a 3" BL'd 98+ 4x4 is gonna look dumb. Heck I thought 32's looked dumb on mine and I rocked 32's in stock setup. PS: 4x4's of your vintage and of mine got 30.5" (245/75r16) or 31x1050 tires stock. You have smaller tires than mine did off the showroom floor.

Just leave it or lift it! But if you lift it, buy tires and sell your current ones to offset the new ones cost. They look newish and are of popular size so you'll be able to move 'em fairly quickly.