Lift kit

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Ranger99, May 27, 2009.

1. Ranger99

Ranger99 New Member

i'm looking into lifting my 99 ranger 3.o flex fuel. does anyone know how much work is involved and where i can buy a cheap but decent lift kit without doing a body lift?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

If you're not wanting to spend much money and don't want a body lift the only thing you can really do is crank your t-bars some and add warrior 153 shackles in the rear to get a 1.5-2" lift.

4. OP
    Ranger99

Ranger99 New Member

how would i go about doing that? where do i buy warrior shackles and how hard is it going to be to replace them. i just put new shackles on the rear when i bought the truck in august. they were non-existant.how do i torque the tracktion bars? is that even save?

5. Teamexploder

Here ya go http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196965. Just do a google search for Warrior 153 Shackles they maybe labeled for a jeep but will work on the ranger, the replacement of the shackles wont be hard if you just replaced them. Just remember after you crank the torsion bars you need to have your front end realigned.

6. OP
    Ranger99

Ranger99 New Member

it is hard ro replace them on my truck because i welded the shackles to the frame when i replaced them. and today i just had to weld new metal to the from driver side control arm. im starting to think that lifting my truck is a bad idea. obviously the old man that owned it before me didnt take car of the truck. i already put almost a grand in the truck since i bought it. i had to put 500 in it right after i bought it to get it legal again

7. Teamexploder

Sorry to hear bout your bad luck with the truck, but there is another alternative, instead of doing the shackles just do add-a-leaf, it'll do pretty much the same thing but you'll have to drop your leaf packs to do so.