Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Jon, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Jon

Jon Administrator

Curious what members think may be the best lift kit for today's Ranger?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

Anybody know where you can find a good one for a 2002 4x4? Done quite a bit of searching but it seems like there's only ones for the 2wd

4. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

There is a company that was making a coil over conversion lift kit they quit making them but there are some retailers online that still have them and the other is superlift, http://www.superlift.com/Catalog.asp?P=K358&V=223, those are the only two company's I can think of that make a lift for the IFS ranger. You can also do a torsion twist to your truck and add warrior 153 shackles that will lift the truck at about a max of 2" but also requires a front end alignment afterwards.

EDIT: The Company that was making the coil over conversion lift kit is called RCD. And found another link for the superlift from a retailer.
    http://store.4wheelingplus.com/proddetail.asp?prod=K358&partner=froogle

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  5. OP
    Jon

Jon Administrator

Cool. Thanks!

6. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

Thanks. Looks like I'm gonna have to save for a really long time to get one of those :(

7. Teamexploder

Yeah, No prob. I been looking at them for awhile just can't decide which one I'd rather have because getting rid of the torsion bars sounds like a good idea with the RCD lift but costs more.

Yeah...but they're worth it :) You could also go body lift which that part number is 'PA 883' which is Performance accessories brand, its a 3inch body lift its a cheap alternative to lifting your truck and being able to fit larger tires under your truck you could combine that with the torsion twist and lift shackles. The reason I don't care for the body lift that much is because besides fitting bigger tires I want to gain more ground clearance than what the larger tires will provide.

8. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter REAL TRUCKS HAVE 3 PEDALS

I wouldnt go with a body lift because all of them ive seen didnt look good because the rear bumpers had a large gap between the tailgate

9. Teamexploder

They make a relocation kit for the bumpers.

10. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter REAL TRUCKS HAVE 3 PEDALS

it might look good then but everybody around here aint got them

11. WesternPaRanger

WesternPaRanger New Member

12. Tonya Gilmore

Tonya Gilmore New Member

If I go the body lift route, which is probably what I'll do, I'll definitely get the filler for the bumper. Otherwise that just looks retarded

13. Offroadinbabe73

Offroadinbabe73 sweetness

please i repeat...dont do a body lift....waste of money
    if you got 3k just ich'n to burn, do it right
    build a shock hoop and throw up some 8 or 10 in coilovers
    put better leafs in the back or deavers...which ever floats your boat
    it will get the lift you want without the ****y shocks that rattle the crap out of your truck

the cheapy lift i have on my truck has caused my driver side lower arm to crack 3 inches. so also plate your lower arms if you know how, or have a friend do it, to save you the trouble later on.