lenger racing-my trucks rear end

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by Demon, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

stopped off at http://lengerracing.com/. this weekend he is going to upgrade my rear to a beast expo axle 8.8 with better parts. than as soon as the aubern gear posi/locker gets here they will be throwing that in there. than soon switching to 4.56 gears.

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Why not wait to do all of it til all parts are there? Instead of setting up gears twice in the same axle??

No trolling, just curious...

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Yea...you might as well just go full out 4.56

5. pooleo

pooleo New Member

why 4.56 on 32" tires tho....?

6. Brinker88

Bc he runs 33-34's when he wheels I guess?

7. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I would wait to do it all at once

8. OP
    Demon

cuz my rear is busted now and something needs to be done now. and all thats being done now is bolting a expo axle under and adding new parts on it here and there. than later i'm going 4.56 and rangerwheelingmike is selling me a eaton locker for 200. so thats going in when the gear changes. and yes i have 32's now but i want to go back to a 33 12.50 badly. i miss my old old set of 12.50's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. OP
    Demon

and this is the start of alot of things, rock sliders, front rear bumpers, sas, and so on. i have to start somewere. and i dont plan on regearing till i get the dana 44. or it would be pointless to regear the front twice.

10. pooleo

pooleo New Member

lol wut?

So your going to gear this axle for 4.56, and leave the front 4.10? until you get the D 44.

Or, you have an expo 4.10 putting in and gearing it down the road?

11. OP
    Demon

just putting a expo in now and regearing after i get the d44. cuz i see no point in wasting money regearing so much.

12. OP
    Demon

thats what i am doing i dont want to waste money regearing twice.

13. OP
    Demon

pssssh dropped off my truck today and i got free **** lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. OP
    Demon

15. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Ah gotcha.... with what you said in the OP, order of operations just didn't make sense. lol.

What carrier is that?? Looks like an Auburn LS.

16. OP
    Demon

yup aubern posi. i figured i would upgrade this time and picking this whole set up has been in and out for me and made me nervous what to pick. but i have settled on this for now untill i get the front straight axle and start building that.

17. OP
    Demon

18. Brinker88

Get rid of those sway bar mounts, that's right where the shock mounts need to go.

19. OP
    Demon

i'm not doing it lol so hopefully they will at the shop. he has done this alot before so i trust them

20. kmeser

kmeser Guest

Nice rig

21. OP
    Demon

thanks. its getting alot of upgrades this year. as long as other things dont break and get in the way