Just a couple ?s

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by Brandon8821, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Brandon8821

Brandon8821 New Member

Ok guys i have a 91 xlt 2.3 5 speed and theres a couple things im tring to figure out about it 1 thing is that at around 70 i get a vibration but i noticed yesturday that kts not as bad while haulin a load ive heard that it may be the universal ?

Also im trying to figure out what fuel additive would be the best to try and increase my milage as i drive about 45 mins one way to work all highway?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Charles Sifers

Charles Sifers New Member

I'd definitely check the u-joint.
    As for fuel additives...save your money.
    None of them will give you better mileage.
    Instead, do a tune-up with Motorcraft wires, plugs (gapped properly), and any other ignition parts that are due.
    Use a NAPA Gold air filter and make sure you have the factory airbox. (No gauze filter or hot air intakes sold as cold air intakes)
    Use full synthetic oil and a Motorcraft filter (Wix is your 2nd option).
    Use synthetic lube in the gearbox and rear differential.
    Make sure all the sensors are working within range. That includes O2 sensors and catalytic converters.
    Make sure the tires are inflated to the proper psi ( I use the chalk method).
    After you've done that, you'll be getting the best mileage you can from the truck.

.jonah likes this.