installing air lift Air Springs

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by Diabolical Ranger, Apr 28, 2012.

1. ......................

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ....................

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Very nice. They're great little kits for hauling. Horrible for offroading lol. I sell a bunch of them at the shop.

5. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

... must have more details on this ...

6. ..............................

7. Brinker88

Nope, there isnt any. They sell air bags to go inside your coils, but only on the older trucks.

8. .......................

9. Brinker88

No problem man...Hope that setup treats you well. Can you tell a difference at highway speeds and around turns? Should have stiffened the rear up quite nicely.

10. .................................

11. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

I've been considering a set for quite some time for my big move. Little pissed my friend nabbed those ones I found at the junkyard years ago....even more pissed he never replied to my texts about obtaining them when I found out he was selling his truck. Lol.

I've been thinking of the Firestone taper bag kit though. I plan to modify the lower mount so it "floats" on the spring...much like the full size kits. It'll also allow for axle droop because it won't be permanently connected to the spring...gravity and weight will do that for me.

Thanks for posting pics. I've found pics of these kits actually installed on our application is very very hard to come by.

12. ....................

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Those look awesome man! I bet they would help me with firewood hauling!

14. pooleo

pooleo New Member

Could this be used for shock replacement...?

15. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I wouldnt think so, This is just like Craig said, a Helper. Sort of like an AAL

16. .........................

17. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

air bags do not equal shocks. How would that work?? lol.

If anything, air bag = spring. An adjustable spring. Btw, full air suspension systems have shocks. Gotta have something to smooth out kinetic energy.

18. .........................

19. carrkool

carrkool New Member

Help with install

I am putting these on a 98 ranger and can not get a good line to mount the upper mount to the frame i either get a nice flat area but have no clearance for the fittings or clearance for the fittings and no flat area to mount my foward bolt on the bottom is sitting in the indented area of the frame with abouth a 1/2 in gap any ideas or for those who put them in how did you do it..

20. ..........................

21. carrkool

carrkool New Member

finally got it i was able to shift the lower plate out some which allowed the air fitting to clear the bed seams. got them on and love them thanks though. i will take some pics tommorow afternoon and try and post them up