I have a 96 ranger and AC not blow out vents

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Crazykev45, May 25, 2020.

1. Crazykev45

Crazykev45 New Member

I have a 96 ranger and I was driving it today and the AC was working great but then it stopped blowing out of the vents and just came out the defrost. I gave the truck a tune up yesterday and one of the small vent lines broke that goes into a circle thing and I use a shrink wrap on it everything seemed fine until today after I drove it a while. Do you think it could be that line or could it be something else?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. PeteB

PeteB Member

Its probably related to what you just did. It sounds like a vacuum issue. When there is a vacuum problem the HVAC controls default to defrost. I don't know if I would use shrink tubing to repair a vacuum line. If its the hard plastic line that broke, I would use some small rubber line to connect it. Hope this helps.

Pete

4. OP
    Crazykev45

Crazykev45 New Member

Yea after I changed the line it worked again thank you

PeteB likes this.