I am new to this site and need some help!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by champ25523, May 6, 2012.

1. champ25523

champ25523 New Member

I have an 89 ranger with a 2.3 and I am looking to put a 2.3 out of a 92 ranger in it. I was wondering if this is possible and if so, what I would need to do the change? (Wiring harness, computer, etc...) You know anything special...

Thanks,
    Stephen

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Welcome. If I remember correctly with the older ranger, the engine may be a direct swap between those years. I think to get a definite answer, consult a dealer to see if the wiring & hookups will fit without modifications and see if they have the same part numbers

4. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Garunteed a definite bolt-in process. If there's any extra emissions components (EGR valve etc) that you dont need, you may remove it.

5. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Bolt in ...

6. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Id do a little work to it before puttin it in. Id take off the emission stuff (if you dont have to get it checked), change plugs, wires, etc, etc. That way you might pick up some extra mpg and you wont have to do it later with the engine in the truck

7. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Welcome to RFN!!!!

8. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

welcome to rfn

9. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Welcome, and yes it is a drop in motor. But like stated above replace some gaskets an clean er up a bit. So you know what you'll be up against down the road, and the fact that you have a reliable motor!

10. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

Welcome To Rangerforum.net, it is basically a bolt in as stated previously, just remove what emission stuff your truck doesn't require.

11. Welcome to the site

12. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Welcome!