How To: Modify Brush Guard Backets For BL

Discussion in 'How-To Submissions' started by 2004xlmiller, Apr 26, 2012.

1. 2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

a few people have asked how to modify brush guard brackets to have the brush guard fit with a body lift. i recently did this so i took pics to share the procedure with everyone here. its straight forward but itll make people feel better to see it done and have something to refer to.
    Tools:
    safety glasses
    angle grinder
    tape measure
    masking tape
    welder
    spray paint to paint over the welds and prevent rust.
    Procedure:
    first take your brush guard brackets and tape off 3 inches that you want to cut out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    find a clamp or something to hold the bracket still while you cut out the 3 inches you cut out. i used my jawhorse, great tool. but any workbench vice will do the job.
    [​IMG]
    heres my setup:
    [​IMG]
    measure twice cut once. make sure your lines are parallel and spaced 3 inches apart. also, grind off the paint around the cut so the bare metal is exposed, for welding.
    [​IMG]
    after cutting you should be here..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then weld the pieces back together, make sure theyre straight!
    BEFORE:
    [​IMG]
    AFTER:
    [​IMG]
    and done!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Nice write up!

4. good write up and pics make a world of difference sometimes lol

should be a sticky

5. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

Great write up! This will be helpful to many.

6. OP
    2004xlmiller

2004xlmiller Member

thanks guys, hope it helps.