How much $$$ do you have invested in mods?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hurley, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

How much money have you invested mods for your truck? I'm not talking up-keep/maintenance, I wanna know how much you have spent making your truck yours.

I have...
    TJM T-15 Bumper - $250
    Rims/Tires - $250
    Mustang Bucket Seats - $650
    Rugged Ridge Manual Hubs - $160
    Tool Box - $40
    LED Sport Trac Cluster - $120
    LED OHC - $60
    LED Stang Dome - $32
    Customer Headliner - $30
    Black Tails - $53
    08 Mirrors - $90
    MAC Cold Air Intake - $40
    Total - $1775

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

EEEWWWW...This will take me a while to figure out. Alot of mine came from trades and money I made from selling junkyard parts. I dont think I could give a complete total for mine

4. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Holy crap I can't even add all the mods up..

Paint with body work 2 grand alone
    wheels and tires 1,500.00
    lowering kit 500.00
    ohc 30.00
    two twelves 600 wat amp and sony head unit 700.00
    window tint 75.00 for three windows
    06 taillights 15.00
    projector headlights 100.00
    K&n cold air intake performance kit 230.00 my price from Oreillys Auto parts
    226.00 for the front bumper/valance
    Paint for the valance free
    foglights free
    Grill 60.00
    header panel 56.00
    headlight clipps 11.00 x4
    Exhaust 275.00

5. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

I'm over 3000 Lmfao

6. $150 for the radio
    $100 for all the mats, steering wheel cover, and other things
    $70 for the CB antennas
    $150 for the toolbox
    $50 for the custom paint
    $50 for stickers
    $60 for a new air filter
    So I'm well over $600, excluding all of my mechanical expenses lol And there's more coming! Haha

7. OP
    Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

With my mechanical expenses I'm close to $9000

8. I'm close to $3000, but most weren't mods lol

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well lemme think i'd say i have about 600-1200 in mods to my truck......

10. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

hmmmm lets see

sony head unit 190
    3"lift with parts and labor 475
    painted up rocker and rims 20
    arow on the antina like 12

11. How much was your front grille conversion bro?

12. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

total i'd say about 300 grille was 50, header panel was 58, and the lights were 100 the retainers were 37, misc fastners from lmc was 17, and the oval and led ring from buggman 45..... i ordered all the parts except the fastners retainers and oval from evilbay....

13. That ain't too bad

14. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

no it's not then i paid around 40 to get it painted to match the truck..... 20 for the paint and 20 for the clear.... the guy didnt even charge me for spraying it.... so all in all it was well worth it..... the only thing is i gotta pull the drivrs side headlight and reseal it.... getting moisture inside of it....

15. Looks good though man. How do you open up the headlights? I wanted to paint mine sorta like yours, but without having to pay for the lights from LMC.

16. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

you have to bake them at around 170 degrees for 5-10 min intervals and pry them apart slowly to keep from messing them up.... then tape them off really well and then paint let dry and then take some good tub and shower silicone(clear) and reseal them after you clean out all the old silicone..... put rubber bands(weight) on them for 24 hours and then take and rub some around the seam just to make sure they seal really good.....

17. Captured Time

did you do your lights or STL?

18. Ah, cool. I'm definitely gonna do that then. Would it be alright to do em both at once?

19. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i had STL open them for me and i painted them.... i started to open them my self and stopped after about a half hour... i know i'm a chicken sh!t..... but i had to bake them after to get the old silicone out and gotta redo the driverside one again....

20. Captured Time

i would let him do them rather than me any day he dose that sh3t dang near every day

21. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

honestly i wouldnt just for the simple fact as your trying to get one apart you may end up melting the other one..... i think STL said it took him like a hour and a half to get each one of mine apart....