Got Busted!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pbav8tor, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Pbav8tor

Pbav8tor Old Fart

:eek: Been kinda busy with life and all then got pulled over by a stater. He was a very young trooper. I was actually a little distracted and didn't see him pull behind me. Looked up in the mirror and saw the familiar red and blue lights. Oh Hell! Turned on the blinker and pulled to the curb, my new friend followed. Got the truck stopped, in neutral, parking brake set and the 4-way on. Then sat there looking in the driver mirror at the trooper's car behind me. Boy, I must be getting old. There's a tap on the passenger window which made me jump. Never saw him get out of the car. Started to reach over to roll the window down, power windows would be nice for this situation. Stopped and flipped the door open, in his face! He had to jump back and catch the door. He bent down and asked if I minded that he rolled the window down? No, go ahead. And then the question, "Do you know why I stopped you?" Me, playing along, No, why? You don't have a front plate. My cue, "It just fell off, I've got it here behind the seat." So you have it? I'm having too much fun, Yes behind the seat. Then the usual license, registration and proof of insurance. After a few seconds of looking at my paper work, he didn't run them through the computer. He says that he's just giving me a verbal warning but get the plate mounted. Yes sir and thank you. Or do you think he didn't want to give Santa a ticket this close to Christmas?
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I don't like the front plate. I think it breaks up the look of the truck. So when I got home I zip-tied the front plate on. Going to get a couple of quick relese pins to hold it on so I can remove it easily for shows and meets.