General Grabber AT2 255/70R15 tires

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Vinnie, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie 09 Ranger XL

i am looking into putting some new tires on my truck and i saw this General Tire "General Grabber AT2" it seems pretty cool and it should fit my 09 ranger XL 2.3L 5 speed manual.
    i had a few questions though...
    1. Is General Tire a good brand?
    2. Since the rim size is the same as my tire, how can i find out how much room i have for a new tire?
    3. What will adding a bigger tire do to my fuel economy?
    any answers would be great!
    thanks! i love this website!:thumbsup:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jelly's Ford

Jelly's Ford Riding High in the Saddle

1. General tire is a part of Continental Tire of North America, based in Charlotte, NC. So yes they are a good brand of course being American made, plus I have heard some other people use that tire you're asking about and were greatly pleased. The tread design is much like the BFG AT's.
    2. Is your truck a 2wd or 4wd? If you go back with the same size you should be fine with no rubbing. I suppose your truck has 15" wheels being a 2.3 and an XL.
    3. Adding any tire even one size up will hurt mileage along with your speedometer. I just put one size bigger on my Ranger and it increased my speedometer by 3 mph. So say my speedometer read 60, I'm actually going 63 haha. But yes my mileage went down very little. However throw on some like 33's or something, haha bye bye gas mileage.
    Hope that helps ya man.