Gas tank dont let me fill,

Discussion in '6 cylinder' started by drmesalaescobar, May 31, 2015.

1. drmesalaescobar

drmesalaescobar New Member

someone says it has air, what can i do

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    drmesalaescobar

drmesalaescobar New Member

Sorry i didn't say my ranger is a 2000, 3.0lt, 6cyl, i need help!!

4. henryford

henryford New Member

I had similar issue with gas fill up =had to use pump slow to fill it so I took a guitar string ran it to tank clear air passage--must have been a blockage (spiders)?? -worked great after -good luck

5. Dchad53

Dchad53 Member

Where is the hose you ran the wire through? I would like to try it also.

6. henryford

henryford New Member

its the small hose (vent hose) you fjnd it in the filler cap ,,under gas cap ,it runs down to tank ,off the side of filler tube==i ran a guitar string after splitting the hose where it joins just underneath the truck= it cleaned out the venting system and then i had no problem filling tank at pump station-- good luck -

7. Dchad53

Dchad53 Member

Thanks for the info.

8. henryford

henryford New Member

did it work for you ???? =myself i think i had small spider webbing but it cleared it up fine , and i had no trouble filling tank at a fast rate at pumps ===to point out i had to wiggle the string some to clear what ever was in there =