Fuel Filter Problem

Discussion in '2.3 Engine' started by wickaz, Oct 18, 2010.

1. wickaz

wickaz New Member

I have a 2003 Ranger 2.3L motor. I have broken my retainer clips for the fuel filter and I was wondering if anyone has the part number for the clips. I've asked all the parts stores in town and looked all over the internet and I can't find any part numbers. I am new to this forum but I have been on other forums and they are a great information highway.

I have now fixed my truck after calling 20 salvage yards all over the state I found a 03 that rolled and took the clips from that, No after market parts are available as far as I have forund.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ProZach

ProZach New Member

the clips can be purchased at the auto parts stores, its just a matter of making sure they're the correct size

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Just go to the autparts store, have them look up the fuel filter and match up clips that come with that filter. You might as well just put a new filter in, they come with new clips and its cheap enough

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thread moved to the new 2.3 engine tech section

6. DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco Those Damn Kids

I second getting a new filter, comes with clips anyways.