Frame question

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by wyman00, Mar 24, 2012.

1. wyman00

wyman00 5.0 Ranger driver

My truck is a 2000 2wd model and the coil springs in the front actually go up into the frame so my frame is not straight but has a bow in it. My question is: Does a 2002 2wd model have the exact same set up as mine or does it have the coil buckets that are on the outside of the frame. The reason I am asking is because I may have the opportunity to get a 2002 and I was hoping the frame was flat up front so it would be easier to SAS. Thanks!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i believe it is the same frame.... i dont think they did much to the frame from 98+.....

4. OP
    wyman00

Oh that sucks! Is that the way your frame is?

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i think so.... havent really done any major work on the front end yet.... you may wanna send dj a pm he has a 03 he may be able to tell you for sure if they changed in in 02....

6. OP
    wyman00

ok man, thanks.

7. OP
    wyman00

I found my answer! It is just like mine...

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

You are not allowed to SAS that thing yet dammit!!

9. OP
    wyman00

Why not???

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Cause it will be too bad ass!!! lol

11. OP
    wyman00

Haha! Thats the point! But it will be a slow process...