ford ranger 2011 4.0l power window

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by masbango, Jan 28, 2018.

1. masbango

masbango New Member

Hi
    Both power window and locks don't work on my ford ranger 2011 4,0l.

Did check but there is no fuse box in the drivers side .

Where can I find it at the fuse box in the engine room.

I do have a manual for this Renger.

Appreciate

Bob

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mhoward

mhoward Member

On your 2011, the fuses are located in the Smart Junction Box (SJB) which can be found behind the right (passenger) kick panel.

4. OP
    masbango

masbango New Member

ok will check it out tomorrow thx

5. OP
    masbango

masbango New Member

HAVE FOUND IT, BUT AS WAS FLOODED I BETTER TAJE THE FUSEBOX OUT AND CLEAN IT US THERE ANY VIDEO ON HOW TO CLEAN THE CABIN FUSE BOX?

6. mhoward

mhoward Member

Don't know of a video, but I think I would just blow the fuse box out with an air hose. Once dry, I would spray some CRC contact cleaner all over it pretty good and see if that fixes your problem. Also, might want to find out WHY the box was flooded. Water had to come from somewhere.

7. OP
    masbango

masbango New Member

8. OP
    masbango

masbango New Member

thanks for your reply . its was flooded by the storm so the water came above and cover the the under part of the cabin fuse box

9. mhoward

mhoward Member

You mean the entire truck was in a flood? If that is the case, you need to check the fluids in everything.

10. OP
    masbango

masbango New Member

there was no water in motor and transmission it came only to the level of where the cabin fuses are had to take the seats off to clean and would like to take the fuse box off to clean and check if connections are ok/ thnx for reply

11. mhoward

mhoward Member

If the water came that far up into the cab, the differential(s) will most likely be full of water, so if you haven't checked those, PLEASE do so. I wouldn't remove the SJB unless absolutely necessary. You COULD take a picture of it and then remove all fuses and relays to give it a proper cleaning and spray with good contact cleaner. Good luck!

12. OP
    masbango

masbango New Member

Hi did take out the fusebox of my ranger 4.00 2011.

it is a mess so I need another one .

the fuse box code is
    8L5T-14B476-CA

I saw another almost the same code its looks the same but for one letter
    8L5T-14B476-A

it is only A not CA.

what does this mean ?

Is that for the program m need some explanation or advice.

Mine is with power locks windows mirror .

appreciate
    Bob

13. mhoward

mhoward Member

Best I can tell, the suffix characters determine available options on the truck, such as power windows/locks group or DRL. To be safe, get the exact body control module that you are taking out.

14. OP
    masbango

masbango New Member

oks thx