Exhaust possibilities

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by Redneck_ranger, Nov 21, 2011.

1. So, after watching many youtube videos, I am torn with what to do to my exhaust....
    LMC offers catback with resonator tips (muffler delete)
    Straight piping
    Glasspack

If I straight pipe it, will I kill my gas mileage? I heard someone saying that it messes with the 02 sensors...

LMC's catback looks amazing, and will probably sound it too. But I would want to punch out the cats as well. Would that harm it any less than taking em clean off?

Glasspacks, well, I would just take the flowmaster off and get new tailpipes for it, most likely a y pipe, or get two glasspacks and run em without cats...

The ultimate question is; will messing with the cats ruin my truck? Or just cause a slight decrease in gas mileage?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

First off no glasspacks and second straight pipe only sounds good at full rev. Taking the cats off and adding something with no muffler is leaving u with little back pressure. If anything only take two cats off and get the cat back.

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Why no glasspacks? And which cats should I take off? There's two in the main line, then I think two resonators on the manifolds. And will it mess with my gas consumption, and the engine at all?

And how did I know you would be the first to reply to this...? lol

5. Demon

Cuz i have had custom exhaust on every vehicle I have ever owed and my parents. From expensive cat backs to no cats and straight piped. And take those two cats off and put the cat back on. No glasspacks cuz those rust to easiest.

6. Demon

Mine is just a flowmaster 40 and dumped and it sounds like a v8 but when i take off those two cats it will sound like a big block

7. Demon

Having it dumped is the loudest

8. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Damn. Demon knows his s***

9. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well since demon knows his sh!t what would sound best on my 2.5? dont mean to thread jack.....

10. Demon

truthfully its hard to not make it sound racer like. but it can be done to a point. strip the cats grab a open chamber muffler. like a flowmaster 10 or cherrybomb extreme they are only like 60 bucks and cheaper than a flowmaster 40 or super 44. cuz they are a race and offroad only muffler. they have only one chamber and one wing plate making the most sound. i myself and getting a flowmaster 10 series when i get home and taking off my 40 series.

11. Demon

yes this is a jeep but it is a jeep v6 4.0 with the flowmaster 10.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBRkCZqOE8

make sure if u do this to the back to add a bigger tip on the end than what it is flowing through. it makes it like a megaphone.

12. Demon

13. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I've had the glasspack on the Dakota for four years now? And I have yet to see any rust. It's been through water, snow, ice, and dirt and has yet to turn any other color but red lol
    Don't worry about thread jacking me man. I've done it a few times, without realizing it... lol

14. Demon

The Dakota also sucks sooooooo

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Even though it can smoke your ranger without a doubt. hahahahaha

16. Demon

Doubtful as **** right there

17. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Why? It's got the 5.9 in it, so good luck. She's a sleeper lol

18. Demon

5.9 Oooooooo gay.

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Keep in mind, I said she's a sleeper bro. Forking out maybe 350 to the wheels? I may be off by about 20-30 though. I think it has about roughly 380-390. Not absolutely positive... Somewhere around there.

20. Demon

And Ur still looking into the face of the demon. Where I really don't care what is under the hood. U can have 1000hp and drive like ****ing ****.

21. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Hahahahaha. You obviously never saw me driving then lol Kota rarely lost a race, except to a built Honda Integra Type-R