exhaust issue

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by greenmachine2000, Jul 19, 2012.

1. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

well i need opinions in the pictures you should be able to see that the top bolt has no nut on it but the lower one does. i can hear some exhaust noise from that side of truck and am thinking this is the problem..should i get new bolts and gasket..how hard of a fix is it, and where can i find the bolts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 01rangerXLT

01rangerXLT New Member

that gap at the top is where the noise is coming from, did you try to tighten the top bolt?

4. OP
    greenmachine2000

cant tighten it lol there is supposed to be a bolt on the other end and its gone

5. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

get a bolt there lol. If you take it to an exhaust shop theyll tell you the same thing or they will do what they did with mine and just weld it on there

6. OP
    greenmachine2000

7. 01rangerXLT

01rangerXLT New Member

just put a new bolt and screw in it and your problem will be fixed