electrical issues

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by blucollarman, Sep 10, 2013.

1. blucollarman

blucollarman New Member

Hello everyone. I have 96 extended cab 4.0 l 5 speed manual 4x4 with some strange electrical issue I can not find any repair ideas on.
    The turn signals don't work occasionally and the ac goes out too. All the gauges are still working and truck runs normally. The blower for the heat and ac works fine too. When the turn signals don't work if I shut off the truck and restart it everything is fine. It was doing this before I changed ground wire to the engine. The only thing I can think of is the main ground to the frame is bad.
    I don't regularly use the parking brake but recently did and the theft light came on the dash. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. The truck started and ran normal after that. The brake light for the parking brake came on the other day. Then turn signals stopped working. I shut it off again and it ran fine again.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Have someone check the alternator. Run new grounds. Battery to engine and battery to body. I also run a ground from the engine/alternator to the body.
    Perform a wiggle test with the wires going to the fuse boxes.