Discuss: Video How To: OHC Install

Discussion in 'How-To Submissions' started by pooleo, Apr 2, 2012.

1. pooleo

pooleo New Member

Here is a video how to for the OHC install.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsrSHx4idZM[/ame]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

good video except for when your dog is ****ting lol

4. OP
    pooleo

pooleo New Member

lol, damn animals! no respect :p

5. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

lol dont let it **** on your parade

6. lol Freeman's coming up in two weeks again so I can install his :p Right Mike? Hahaha

7. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I think someone should do a 2011 specific one lol

8. hmm that should be you, label it " The trials and tribulations of the 2011 OHC" lol
    you're not done with that yet?

9. El Camino Man

Nope lol. Iv kinda gave up on it. My Chiltons manual is wrong and my wiring is different from older Rangers...

10. Did you search the wiring up online?

11. El Camino Man

Yup. No luck. The only thing I can find is Ford sells a 2011 specific wiring manual for like $80

12. OP
    pooleo

pooleo New Member

what wiring do you need? the only wire you need to run to the truck wiring is the console power. Find a key hot and run it.

13. El Camino Man

Yea but dont you need the VSS and some other sort of power wire. then of course theres the temp sensor wires and light wires.

14. OP
    pooleo

pooleo New Member

vss is not needed. Only 1 power wire. and the temp sensor just run to the temp sensor. the blue/red is just for dimmer, so the display would dim with the dimmer, I dont use it. the display is not that bright anyhow. light wires just run from the dome. granted you have to run a solid power, but that'd be easy. Just run it along with the OHC power and run it back to the dome.

15. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

What have you been feeding that dog?
    He was like... do I wanna crap here.... or here.... or maybe here... nah, right here... pooooooop!
    LOL

Nice addition to the how to... we should get videos for more how to's. :yes:

I've heard where several people don't connect the vss wire & it still works properly, while some say the temp doesn't change as quickly with it disconnected.

16. El Camino Man

As long as the temp is close ill be satisfied lol. I think Ill work on it today now lol

17. JP, the VSS is only needed if you mount your temp sensor near the engine. It controls the readings of heat from the engine and what the current temperature is outside. If you're not going to connect it, put the sensor near the middle of the truck away from the engine and exhaust. And your temp sensor is on it's way there as of Monday I believe. Lemme know when you get it

18. El Camino Man

Alrighty. I think im gonna mount it in front of the radiator. Is that ok?

19. that's a good link Pete, should be able to go off it with little problems. Mine was a breeze

20. Yeah, same here. I had no clue what I was looking at until I read that thing. Made it so easy