(Diagnostic code P1309) having trouble accelerating..Need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hooks71, May 25, 2009.

1. hooks71

hooks71 New Member

My 2001 Ford Ranger is having trouble accelerating when I press the gas pedal aggressively to pass on the freeway. I've taken it to a few mechanics and I've had a diagnostic run and they keep getting a code of P1309. I've read a few post that say that I need to change the spark plugs (that's what a few mechanics have suggested as well). Has anyone else had this problem?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or guidance on this subject!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Rangerak

Rangerak New Member

I looked up your trouble code on vehicle here:
    http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/ford/
    It says for: P1309 Misfire Detection Monitor not enabled Don't know if this helps you but when it comes to misfires the cheapest way to go if you need to throw parts at it is by changing your spark plugs. Best plug for your money in my opinion is the Autolite double platinums. Avoid Bosch they tend to burn up quickly with the hot Ford ignition system. If Bosch are what is in there already pull them and and put in the Autolites.
    R

4. OP
    hooks71

hooks71 New Member

Thank you for your help!

5. Jon

Jon Administrator

That looks like a good site to know! Thanks Rangerak!