Clutch Problems!

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by YFZER359, Dec 14, 2009.

1. YFZER359

YFZER359 New Member

hey guys. I have a '94 Ranger that i inherited from my brother. Bu since its gotten cold, the clutch doesnt want to work. Its a 4L V6 5-speed.

It has absolutely no pressure unless i pump it about 20 times. I have to pump the clutch every time i want to put it into gear, or switch gears. Its getting a little annoying. The clutch and slave cylinder was replaced last spring.

I read last night that the master cylinder is infamous for letting air in threu the seals. Could an air bubble cause this problem? When my dad gets home (i'm only 16 lol) were gunna bleed the system and see if that helps. I'm goin to the Ford dealership in a few hours to see how much a new master cylinder is. Being it hasnt been replaced in the last 15 years, it could use a new one.

Just by looking at it, its not hard to replace a master eh? Just bolt the enw one up, hook up the lines and bleed it?

any suggestions are welcome

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    YFZER359

YFZER359 New Member

....bump......