Clutch bleeding

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Gyouska90, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Gyouska90

Gyouska90 New Member

Hi all new here. How exactly do I bleed the clutch line on this truck? I removed the master cylinder and line and bleed it out of the truck upside down to get all the air out of it and reinstalled it. I then clicked the line into the slave cylinder which was also a new install. I bought tubing hooked it to the bleed screw and had someone above ready to fill the reservoir. The engine is not installed in this truck. does it need to be? also when I opened the bleed screw fluid barely was pissing out of it and the entire line was full of air. the reservoir was being topped off but the line was still mostly air. I pushed on the clutch pedal a bit and it would cause fluid to come out the line quite fast. but now the slave cylinder is just leaking fluid and the clutch pedal is completely soft. Am I not suppose to push the clutch pedal at all? does the engine need to be installed first? do I need to buy a new slave cylinder now? what did I do wrong?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

You can bench bleed the master cylinder (with it off the vehicle). As for the slave cylinder every thing will need to be together (including the engine). These system can and will be very difficult to bleed, you would have to try many different methods of bleeding. But what seem to work for me is to let gravity bleed it. Fill the resivior and open the bleeding vale and let is drip (making sure the resivior never go empty.