Closed Loop Fuel Usage.

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by dcraigd, Mar 12, 2013.

1. dcraigd

dcraigd New Member

Hello Forum,
    I've got a 97 Ranger XLT with the 4.0 V6. Check Engine Light came on & my mileage dropped down to less than 10 mpg. As I'm away from my shop, AutoZone was nice enough to plug in their OBD tool.
    Here’s what I got – P0135, P0141, P0155, P0171, P1131 & 1132.
    First I checked the fuses & the wiring around the O2 sensors looks fine. I also put in a new fuel filter for good measure. One of the Heated Oxygen Sensors wasn’t producing any voltage when it got up to temperature so I replaced it.
    Although it seemed to run better after all this, I only gained a few miles from the 20 gallon tank & the Check Engine Light came back on. I’m afraid the O2 Sensor may have been another casualty rather than a cause.
    I stopped in for another scan last night & these two codes were added to the list - P1151, P1152
    If anyone recognizes a solution to these problems, any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks, Craig

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I think you should get thoise codes defined first and go from there. Check ebay for Ford service manual for your year/model truck. They have all the codes listed and the books come pretty cheap and well worth it. It will also give you trouble shooting and all the service instructions your truck needs.

4. DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

H - Fuel Controlfm97hmob2_5a-175D[​IMG]

5. OP
    dcraigd

dcraigd New Member

Thanks

:thumbsup: Thanks a bunch for the help! It's been sitting for a bit, it'll be good to get out there & get it back on the road. :D

6. OP
    dcraigd

dcraigd New Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013