Check Engine light on read Code P0306 # 6 miss

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by tomrob1, Feb 18, 2012.

1. tomrob1

tomrob1 New Member

2004 Ranger Edge with 3.0 liter engine. Check engine lite was on, changed plugs & wires ( Motocraft parts ) light went out. After 2 days light came on again--reader shows P0306 code # 6 cyl misfire. Is that likely the coil pack ? Truck has 128K + miles ;plugs and wires were original when changed at 128 also.* SINCE THEN HAVE REPLACED COIL PACK WITH GENUINE MOTORCRAFT PART, LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORE VERIFIED SAME CODE, RESET. ABOUT A WEEK LATER SAME CODE RETURNED.RESET IT. HAVE ADDED A BOTTLE OF CHEVRON INJECTOR CLEANER WITH FILL UP TWICE. THE CHK ENGINE LITE REMAINED OFF FOR ALMOST 3 WEEKS TILL YESTERDAY WHEN ACCELERATING ON FREEWAY RAMP IT CAME ON. SINCE PLUGS, WIRES AND COIL PACK ARE NEW MOTORCRAFT-- IS REPLACING THE # 6 INJECTOR THE BEST BET ? MOTORCRAFT INJECTORS ARE JUST UNDER $100 EA. + LABOR. TOM R ( tomrob1@cox.net )

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thread moved to 3.0 engine tech. Check the coil pack as well and maybe the gap on the plugs. I have heard of this problem but I dont remember the exact issues that were found so I will do some research to help you out

4. DPG3

DPG3 Member

i had a #1 cylinder missfire and a pushrod broke off and messed the heads up pretty bad