Center console repair....repacking?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Rangers Raiders, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Rangers Raiders

Rangers Raiders New Member

OK so my 2010 Ranger Sport w/ only 43k miles on the clock has developed the typical center console pad sag/compression right where the ol' elbow rests. Anybody have a fix, other than buying a new OEM? (dang pricey option....sheese). Thanks!!!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Sean McG

Sean McG New Member

My 04 has the 60/40 seats with the driver's being connected to the annoying armrest / storage / flip up middle seat gizmo. If I recall correctly, the armrest is held in place with three screws at the back of the storage compartment. As for the lid / armrest, I think these can be purchased off Amazon or Ebay used and sometimes new for much less than a dealer OEM price.

I am not 100% familiar with the 2010 models so it may be different. I heard a rumor that the later models ditched the 60/40 with the console for buckets and a center consolette.

4. JCatRon

JCatRon New Member

Look on Rockauto or elsewhere for a Dorman replacement roughly $32.

5. Ret_Marine2003

Ret_Marine2003 New Member

There is a very similar post at the top of the page. This is a fairly easy DIY project.
    I used a piece of aluminum that I ground to fit perfectly and drilled a hole in each corner.
    I did nothing more, but the one I did prior was more like the member who started the thread's solution.
    I used wood from a couple of broken yardsticks and fiberglass body filler. I painted my work with brush on Rustoeum black. Either way and you will get a permanent repair.