CB

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemans 00, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

alright "Im totally new to this so point me in the right direction. I want to get a cb and dont know which one to get. What all do I need to hook it up? Antennas what do I do as far as that? Just tell me what all I need to get. Id like to mount it either below my steering wheel or on the floor where my shifter is

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

okay so with cb which features do you want? and with set up and antenna, short range or long range?

4. OP
    Freemans 00

I have no idea lol long range sounds good

5. hazard-maine

then youd have to dish out some good money on a good cb like around $100 then id get a fiberglass antenna

6. OP
    Freemans 00

100 bucks isnt bad got any brands? and Antenna what do I need 7' or what?

7. hazard-maine

galaxy, midway, cobra, uniden, and like a 4' firestik would work well

8. OP
    Freemans 00

9. hazard-maine

those cbs are real nice, and yes the cb comes with the mic and wire, youll need an antenna, coax, and mount for the antenna

10. OP
    Freemans 00

ok thanks for all the info

11. hazard-maine

welcome dude