Broken Shoulder Belt Part

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Babbalou52, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Babbalou52

Babbalou52 New Member

My driver's side shoulder belt no longer clicks into the seat part/receptacle. It goes in halfway but not enough to lock in. Has anyone here repaired one? Looks like such a simple part to quit working. I've been using the passenger side receptacle for weeks but the annual inspection is due at the end of December so I can't do that much longer.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

My guess that there's something inside the latch. Try removing it and turning it upside down. If that does not work, hit up a salvage yard. They don't sell rebuild kits for them (that I have ever heard of) but they're pretty much universal.

4. OP
    Babbalou52

Babbalou52 New Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Agreed, junk yard it, flip the seat over and you can unbolt it from underneath. Let me know what year you have, I have 2 spare seats in the garage and could get ya a new one if you need it

6. OP
    Babbalou52

Babbalou52 New Member

It's a 2000. I had to go out of town the last 2 weekends so I didn't get time to look at it yet. Hopefully I can this Saturday.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Ok, let us know how you make out

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thread moved to the new interior tech section