Brakes

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by greenmachine2000, Jan 2, 2012.

1. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

okay so i recently took truck to shop and had to get rotors turned and they only had 13k on them and they were bad..i put new pads and calipers on at the same time the rotors were done. i put on the wearever rotors and wearever gold pads from advance auto parts..well after doing some research i find out that maybe my pads might be causing my rotors to warp. local shops by my house are advance auto parts, o reilleys, autozone and napa..any input on pads and rotors i should get not looking to spend a fortune. and i dont want to have to order them online lol

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i have duralast rotors and brakes onn my truck from autozone never had a problem outta them had them on for over 2 1/2 yrs and still got about 1/2 the pads left on them.... should be about 40 for both rotors and maybe another 20 for lifetime warranty pads.... napa brakes are good too from what i have heard... hvent heard much on their rotors.....

i dont really buy anything from advance had to many problems with their parts....

4. OP
    greenmachine2000

how much total for the duralast setup there?

5. Wagner ThermoQuiet's lol They're expensive as hell though. And whatever friggin rotors were on my truck when I bought it haha

6. OP
    greenmachine2000

ive heard alot about these duralasts though lol

7. Better for the wallet, yeah. Quality is alright. I just get these because I get a huge discount lol And you get one free replacement for anything.

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Look around for Raybestos pads and rotors, they are good. If you end up buying on line check out rockauto.com and get Centric pads and rotors or check out our vendor the parts monster, he sells them at a discount for us, I got mine there!