Brakes (no pedal)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thomys, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Thomys

Thomys New Member

Installed new (remanufactured) front calipers on my 2002 ranger xlt because the alignment pins were sized and bled the system first manually then tried to gravity bleed and finally I tried power bleeding.
    The brakes worked better before. I have absolutely no pedal pressure now.
    Installed a second pair of calipers and this time replaced the master cylinder and reverse bled them from the calipers to the master, still no pedal pressure. The pedal goes right to the floor.
    I'm at my wit's end, any advice on the subject would be appreciated.
    Thanx

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

Did you bleed it using a second person? As in having someome push on the pedal as you open and close bleeders? Keep the truck off and crack open the line closest to the front of the truck on the master cylinder to make sure there isn't a problem in the brake booster. If it's got abs, disable it and check the brakes incase it's got an electronic issue (Unplug the power to the abs module, or if it's valves are seperate from the module, unplug them) And one more thing I should have asked at the beginning, with the engine off, does the pedal get hard at a certain point, or does it go to the floor without even anything to slow you down? Can you "pump up" the pedal?