Bizarre Electrical Issue

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by keric2000, Nov 12, 2012.

1. keric2000

keric2000 Kevin1963

I am having a problem with my 94 3.0L but can't pinpoint anything except that it is similar to other issues brought up here. The first time it wouldn't start was 2 years ago, put in a new battery and terminals and had power but no start.
    While trying to change the starter, it arced by accidently touching the posts on the solenoid while removing the plastic cap with a screwdriver. It then started without replacing the starter and no problem for a year except a power window switch.
    Now I have off and on problems with the pwr window switch, replaced the heater core 2 times (going on 3) and if it does the no start thing, all I have to do is wiggle the battery cables and it starts again.

PLUS, there is a short somewhere that is causing my heater core to fail 3 times in the last year!!! This is driving me crazy.

Somebody please help with advice.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Shawn

Shawn Cranky old man

Try replacing the cables. Sometimes they corrode on the inside but look fine. How can a electrical short cause a problem to the heater core? The heater core just flows water.

4. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Need to know as Shawn has asked how the heater core fits in to this ?

What did you replace in the heater area other than the core that has electricity to it ? Maybe you are talking about the Resistor Pack in the heater housing ???