aftermarket wheel and tyre ??

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by concussion, Nov 16, 2012.

1. concussion

concussion New Member

Hi I've just purchased a 2012 4x2 cab chassis. Great vehicle and I like how it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, just what I need.

However, it does look a bit plain in the wheels department. I've done some googling but can't find an answer, hopefully someone here can help.

Would 18" radius, 8" wide wheels fit on the Ranger or would that cause me to have to alter the suspension? I understand it might come down to what tyres i put on as well.

Really I'm asking how much room I have to play with before the things start rubbing or hitting.

Thanks.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

ill be honest man your kinda shooting in the dark here....we dont know too much about the foreign rangers but we will try to help as much as possible

4. OP
    concussion

concussion New Member

Thanks, I should have said that I'm in Australia.

5. 03crewcab

03crewcab Real Trucks Rattle

Is it a cab and chassis truck? As in cab with no bed? I don't know how similar the Australian and Latin America Rangers are, but I have a crewcab Ranger with the stock 15''x7'' wheels and 31''x10.5'' AT tires and they fit fine in the front and rear with no rubbing. I've seen stock 4x2 Rangers like mine with up to 33'' tires. They rub on full turns, so a proper offset wheel would be necessary.

Doing a quick google search, I found this: http://www.ford.com.au/commercial/ranger/models/wildtrack. Stock 2012 Ranger with 18''s.

Post pic of the truck if you can...

6. OP
    concussion

concussion New Member

Thanks guys.

I've found an Aussie based Ranger website.

Thanks for trying though.