93 ranger fuel problem?

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by 93Chris, Apr 28, 2013.

1. 93Chris

93Chris New Member

1993 4.0 V6
    Truck will not start. Have replaced fuel pump, filter, spark plugs & wires. New starter, air filter.
    Has a good battery in it. Checked all the fuel injectors and they are fine.

Before it would start but idle real rough. It would go down the road and it feels like its miss firing and stall.

I've been told something with the EGR..is it the valve maybe a sensor? Could it be an o2 sensor? Mass air flow?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm stumped and have dumped to much money in it and its not fixing a thing lol.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Clean your MAF and see if that does any good, could be a number of things. Does it crank? Sputter but not run?

4. OP
    93Chris

93Chris New Member

Yeah cleaned MAF with maf cleaner. It cranks starts for a second or two then stalls.

Thinking of replacing the Egr valve today. Only place around me that can do a diagnostics onit is the ford dealership but it can't make it there lol. So its just a guessing game for me.

5. OP
    93Chris

93Chris New Member

Can't even get it to idle anymore

6. DesrtRanger87

DesrtRanger87 New Member

What was the name of the fuel pump you put in? If its an Airtek they are no good. I run a shop and about 70% of those fuel pumps are bad.

7. Tonyroy1

Tonyroy1 New Member

8. Tonyroy1

Tonyroy1 New Member

Fuel pump relay..100 Percent!!! Been there...Done that !!! Cheers !!!

Robert Waters likes this.