87 ran. r headlights out..help!

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by sublimedr8, Sep 1, 2011.

1. sublimedr8

sublimedr8 New Member

I have an 87 ranger and the headlights will not cone on anymore..both low and high beams. I have replaced the headlights, headlight switch, cheeked power running directly to the headlights themselves, fuses in the panel..what else could it be? I was told to check the relay switch but i can't find where it is located. Anyone have any ideas? Im tired of being home before dark lol..thank you in advance!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. where did you not find power? was there power at the headligh sockets?

4. OP
    sublimedr8

sublimedr8 New Member

Yes power at the headlight socket..power to the headlight switch

5. kinda strange if you HAVE power to headlight sockets, then the headlights should be on, I would say bad headlamps?
    anyone else see that? unless you have a bad plug connector ...loose wire going into said connector