4wd

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by rangerguy95, Feb 25, 2013.

1. rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

here we go again with another problem from me lol
    I put my front driveshaft back in this weekend while i was away visiting family and now that im back down in the sticks i tried it out so see how it worked, none of the front tires spin, i heart alot of clicking going on and now when im driving down the road the 4wheel hi and low blink a couple times then go blank then come back a few minutes later continuously doing this while im driving... whyyyyyyy ranger y u no stay strong?! any thoughts?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. adsm08

adsm08 New Member

It's spitting a code at you. Those E-4x4 systems are junk. The manual swap is the fix for it.

You could also try cleaning the shift motor. That might help. Can't say for sure without codes.

4. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

ill just switch them to manuals, i have a blown vacuum line anyway

5. adsm08

adsm08 New Member

The problem isn't with the hubs, it's somewhere in the shifting system's electronics.

6. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

Sure it's not the hubs? The 4x4 system used in the 98-00.5 was **** and had lots of issues due to using vacuum.

00.5+ is a love axle setup and is far superior. I have had zero issues with my 4x4 system and I beat on it hard.

7. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

well all i know is that my vacuum line on the driver side is clean cut in half and i no longer get the code so i think its good for now, gunna try doing that live axle conversion with the auto hubs until i can afford another pair of the rugged ridge locking hubs

8. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

This post doesn't add anything to this thread but reading it made me laugh.

I was reading through some of the threads and found these new smart phone errors, at least I hope they are errors.

The first quote, I heart a lot of clicking..., does that mean you love to hear the clicking sound.

The second quote is funnier still but I think I want a "love axle setup"... man where can I buy one.

All the new SMART phones and no grammar checks.

9. 06FordFX4

06FordFX4 Canadian Redneck

hahaha awesome.

yep, i love my iphone. it has made for some pretty funny errors.

on a raptor forum im on, it turned hill descent into Jill descent.
    needless to say no one on that forum calls it hill descent anymore hahaha