3.0 Under Drive Pulley

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by Hurley, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

So I just bought an under drive pulley for my 3.0. My question is do i need a different belt for this or can I use my stock belt?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

When you buy the set from I can't remember the website the set comes with a new gator belt. But I don't see why you couldn't use the stock belt. But since you have it off, check for cracks and replace if needed!!!!

4. OP
    Hurley

I didn't buy the set, I only bought the crank pulley

5. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

No, the underdrive pulley is smaller and you need a smaller belt, im not sure what size, i know a guy on the other site that knows what belt you may need

6. the guy with the 2wd yellow truck 01rangerdanger maybe I know he installed the underdrive pulley

7. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

put the pulley on, take a piece of string and loop it around all the pulleys in the proper order. then measure how long the string is.

8. OP
    Hurley

Is there anywhere online that I can buy the belt that was supposed to come with this pulley? I tried their website but it says they don't sell these pulleys anymore

9. is it the underdog under drive pulley?

10. OP
    Hurley

Yeah its underdog

11. OP
    Hurley

So I can use the stock belt?

12. I would think so

13. OP
    Hurley

Ok sounds good. I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow

14. I was wrong , it does require a different belt

15. For single belt 3.0L Ford "Vulcan" engines;
    -With air con, Dayco part# 5060870 or a Goodyear & Rubber co. # 406087 (87 inch)

Gatorback belt # 4060872 for the 3.0 with a/c.

Some trucks like a slightly shorter belt and an 86 inch will work as well.

-Without A/C, Try a Dayco (or equivalent) belt # 5060850 (85 inch)

The belt should be easy to find because it's a common size.

best to measure or contact underdog

16. OP
    Hurley

Thanks! What worries me is that when I put the new motor in I used the pulley assembly from a 94 which is bigger than a 99 assembly, so would that matter at all?

17. take your old belt off and measure it , the only two other belts I know of are listed above, ones a couple inches longer

18. OP
    Hurley

Yeah that's what I'm gonna have to do

19. DrIftKi7Vg

DrIftKi7Vg Sunny Soonkyu

Do you happen to have the link of where you got it? I really want the under drive pulley.

20. OP
    Hurley

I got it used from a member on another forum