For Sale: 2008 Ranger Sport 4x4 5speed 4.0 V6 (Chicago, IL)

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by 08 Ranger Sport 4X4, Jul 2, 2013.

1. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I never thought I would want to sell my truck but I also never thought I would move to Chicago from the country in Ohio. I'm looking to sell to buy something more economical.

What's for sale: 2008 Ranger Sport 4x4 5speed 4.0 v6 supercab 4door. It has 79,xxx miles (I bought it in Sept 2010 with 39,xxx miles). I have a Performance Accessories 3 inch body lift with 33x12.5 r15 BFG KM2's on 15x8 American racing outlaw ii wheels. The tires I bought in April of 2011 and were put on the truck the first week of may 2011 and they have about 20k-25k miles on them with a full size spare on the same wheel. I am the second owner of this truck and it was purchased with a clean Carfax one owner in September 2010.

What's been done: new brakes (front/rear), new bearings, new clutch/slave. Added in power locks with and window tint after purchase in 2010. What's inside: pioneer AVIC-F700BT GPS/Bluetooth touch screen head unit with iPod connectivity, 10" pioneer sub in ported box. K&N air filter. The seats are in great condition and it has manual windows. Currently the back seats are out but I have all the OEM parts (back seats, radio) that can be put back in.

I also have an assortment of parts: honey comb grill, *HID headlights from DDM tuning and also fog HIDs-- SOLD*, mustang dome, a set of blacked out headlights, new muffler ( doesn't need one, just have it for better sound just never had time to put it on), set of brand new 08+ corners (older style currently on the truck but can be swapped), a buggman LED third brake light. Also have 2 sets of extra door sills. And few other odds and ends. Most of these parts are currently in my garage in Ohio so pics are hard to come by at this time but I have posted a majority of the parts I have bought for this truck in threads on here. These parts can be bought with the truck for a little extra $$ or I can sell them individually.

Now down to the nitty gritty. I'm asking $12,500 OBO. I have some pictures in my profile but will post more interior/exterior if needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

4. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Wow, that is a great price for an ’08 with 39K miles.

If I was in the market for another truck or a replacement I would go for this and the new house is going to get in the way of a lot of stuff.

5. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

I bought it in 2010 with 39k miles on it, it now has 79,xxx miles. And it's still a great price, I was told by multiple dealerships they would turn and sell it for $14,500-$15,000 if I traded it in with them, but they didn't have any vehicles I wanted so I didn't trade it in. Even on the low end of retail for this truck, year/make/model/miles it's still $13k-$14k.

6. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

After a long weekend bump! Hope everyone had a good one.

7. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Bumpity bump!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

8. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Mid afternoon bump

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

9. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

10. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

11. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

12. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

complimentary bump. Good price and what kind of eco box are you looking at? (perhaps this will casually bump the thread as well :p)

13. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Thanks for the bump, it's been a while. And I haven't really decided. I'm looking at multiple options, it just kind of depends what's available when I sell the truck, bouncing between some nissans, hondas, infinitis, and fords. I've had my heart set on a Infiniti G35/G37 because that's what I almost bought before I bought the truck, but at the time they weren't in my price range and they are just a little bit better on MPG's than the truck. I also like the new civic and accords. Hondas run for ever so that's a plus.

14. rango88

the new accords with the High out put 2.4L offer great fuel economy with almost 190 HP so its a great balance between MPG and power. Also the new Hyundai Sonata and Kia Optima offer great value in terms of reliability, refinement, as well as power and MPG. The Fusion still has some reliability bugs in the newer years but the older models with the 3L are a great buy as well. I am guessing youre price range is in the same ball park as the amount your selling your truck for?

15. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

What about a VW TDi, 40-50 mpg…
    Ads say 40 but I have a friend that is getting 48, so 50 isn’t too far away.

The truck looks good, funny it hasn’t sold yet !

16. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

All good options and have looked at a majority of them. I was looking towards the Optima for a while, I just don't see myself driving/buying a Kia or a Hyundai for that matter, even if the new Optimas do look pretty cool IMPO. My price range is going to be anywhere from $17k-$24k, just kinda depends on when and how much the truck sells for and what's available for me at that time. After working at a dealership for 3 years I kinda have an idea of where to start and how to break down the sale to make sure I'm getting the best deal. I just gotta find the right car lol. One option I have is to take over my brothers lease on his 2012 Infiniti G25x. He just had a kid and wants to get something like an SUV or a bigger car. And it would only be $10 more than what I'm paying monthly for my truck now (very affordable) lol. He doesn't need to do it, but he offered it up since I was looking for a new vehicle and he and his wife both have a G25 (leased at the same time, for under $700 for both. Idk how he got such a good deal). But they need a bigger vehicle, especially if I'm getting rid of my truck, they need something to haul all my nephews stuff lol.

I'm selling the truck at a very reasonable price in comparison to the ones I've seen posted online. As far as autotrader.com goes, it's the cheapest 07-09 4x4 ranger within 100 miles of where I am, there were over 30 of them btw. The only one I found cheaper was an 07 xlt with 145k miles on it and it was listed at $11,500. I'm pretty firm on the price but I am open to offers. And if I do end up selling the truck, I'd like to get rid of all the parts I have with it as well.

The TDi has been high on my list for a while. It's just tough finding one used that hasn't been torn to shreds by previous owner (when I looked before only the shredded ones were in my price range, now may be a different story). Great MPG's though and they can be very stylish as well depending on the model/trim.

Thanks for the input and appreciate the comment on my truck. I thought it would have sold quicker as well, but that's okay. I'm not in a huge hurry to sell it, but I would like to have it sold before the end of summer. I live with my brother currently and we work at the same place so I could probably go without a vehicle for a few months just to save up some extra $$.

17. rango88

For your price range you easily could get an Altima (G25 sibiling), camry, Accord or fusion. As mentionned above there is always the Golfs, Jettas and Sportwagen TDi that are option but as you said, they can be hard to find. I for one am not really for leases or lease take overs so I cant really express a firm positive opinion on your brother's car but if you see it as a viable option then at least you'd be helping your brother.

I dont know how cars go for in your area compared to mine but I can easily find TDi for your budget that are good candidates.

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Volkswagen/Jetta/RICHMOND/Ontario/19_7216740_/?showcpo=ShowCPO

18. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

I've looked at the altima sedan/coupe as an option as well the 2013 looks really great now that they've changed the body style. Thanks for looking that up for me, but I haven't even really started to look yet since I haven't received much interested in my truck as yet. I don't necessarily need it sold, but I would like to move on to a new vehicle and get MPG's. As I said, I just have to wait and see what's available for me after selling the truck. And as far as the lease takeover, it would be a very nice deal for both of us. I get a new car, close to what I'm looking for, for only $10 more a month now that what I'm paying for my truck (you can't say that often) and my brother gets to buy/lease an SUV. It's really a win/win, even though his car isn't exactly what I"m looking for, it's closer to what I want than what I have. But I am going to check the market for the vehicle I choose before I decide I want to take over his G25.

19. rango88

my only gripe of the newer Altimas is the CVT, although Nissan makes some of the best CVTs out there I still hate how they work but if you can overlook it or buy a manual then it's a great buy. the 2.5L is a great engine with a nice powerband.

There is also the older Mazda 6 (1st gen) that I personally love. Something like this:
    http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Mazda/MA...17628653_ON20080528112838531/?showcpo=ShowCPO

But I understand your current situation it's always difficult to find a buyer at first, it seems once the car is sold then people start asking for the car you dont have anymore that was on the market for months. You've price your truck well, the right buyer will come with time.

20. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Well hopefully lol! Thanks for the free bumps and advice. I can't wait for that right buyer to come along and take this great truck off my hands. It has treated me well, I am just at a different part in my life where a truck is not needed. Who knows, maybe if it doesn't sell, by the time it's time for new tires, I'll lower it back down and go with smaller tires to get the MPG's up a bit lol. Eh... you're right, it's never being lowered while I own it haha.

21. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4