2006 ranger

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by jerry101, Jul 7, 2013.

1. jerry101

jerry101 New Member

i've got a 2006 ford ranger 6 cylinder automatic that i'm thinking on buying a t100 s cabover camper for ,does anyone here have this type of cabover on their 2006 ranger ? what things do you have to install on your pick up to carry one of these ? mine is just factory ,nothing else. how will this truck perform if nothing is done to the truck to haul this camper? or maybe i should forget about it and just get a pop up camper....thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

For my 2 cents, I would be interested in the weight of the camper, over the cab units must weight in on the heavy side of the Ranger’s payload.
    Too much and the little Ranger will be on its knees, not only in power levels but the rear springs and hangers.

Start by checking the weight, then replacement spring and hangers if necessary maybe a re-gear for a little more power on the hills.

4. OP
    jerry101

jerry101 New Member

the t100s that i'm looking at go between 850 1000lbs

5. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Using those numbers you have already have a full load.

It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Ltr