2001 ranger 3.0 stalls at stop sign

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by John B Adams, Mar 3, 2018.

1. John B Adams

John B Adams New Member

Idle drops and stalls at stop sign! Restart put in drive stalls, runs fine in reverse. If I back up then it will allow me to put in drive and go on!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tyler Willis

Tyler Willis New Member

Idle air control valve...not letting enough air in because it's dirty. Do yourself a favor and buy a new air filter, iac valve and gasket and clean your throttle body and mass airflow sensor...you'll notice a world of difference. I have a 01 4.0 XLT and it would stall and idle rough...so I started with my mass airflow sensor and kept going. No idle problems at all anymore.of course this is if you haven't done so already and if you have well ...that's a whole new story lol.