1995 4.0 V6 XLT would start then die, now won't start at all

Discussion in '4.0 Engine' started by DavoMoto, Oct 18, 2012.

1. DavoMoto

DavoMoto New Member

It started and then died, I just thought it was cold...I started it again and again, same thing. I stayed the night at my friends, went back the next morning and it started right up...I let it idle for about 3 minutes and then I gave it gas and after the rpm dropped it died...it hasn't started again. I have a new EGR, IAC, fuel pump relay, PCM relay, air filter, plugs and cables and battery. I had an fuel system cleaning about 1,200 miles ago. Also, I jumpered the fuel pump relay heard it turn on, still won't start. I checked all the fuses and relays. Any advice for my next step?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Have the coil pack tested, it may be bad

4. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

Do you have fuel getting the cylinder? How about spark? Is the air filter clogged? Check those things first. Check the coil as clinton said.

Beamed in from the Death Star with lasers and sh*t

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

id check the fuel filter and throttle positionn sensor as well...

6. OP
    DavoMoto

DavoMoto New Member

Okay, so I did some more investigating. My neighbor brought a tester home from the dealership, we hooked it up and discovered I have no power at the PCM/ECM ! Had my battery tested, it's fine...so, does anyone have a schematic, or any ideas on which wiring to check?

7. OP
    DavoMoto

DavoMoto New Member

Okay, so I also have no spark...the tester couldn't connect to the PCM, is this a possible problem with the anti theft system? I don't think im not getting spark because of the coil pack...I think the coil pack isnt receiving power. Has this happened to anyone else?

8. OP
    DavoMoto

DavoMoto New Member

Okay, so now I have replaced the Crankshaft Position sensor and the fuel filter and the PCM relay, still won't start...