1993 ranger 4.0

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by murphdog73, Apr 9, 2009.

1. murphdog73

murphdog73 New Member

my ranger wont start up after it has been running. when it gets up to temp. and you turn it off it will not start back up. i have replaced fuel pump,sending unit and regulator. o2 sensor on drivers side E T C sensor, had coil testad and it OHM good.replaced exaust ,new plugs and wires,replaced mas air flo sensor ,(it didnt help so i put the other back in). replaced charcole canister (for emissions) still not starting after hot can anyone help? thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jon

Jon Administrator

Welcome to the site murphdog...sorry you are having troubles.

4. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

Try replacing or cleaning the EGR and EGR tube, because that can cause engine troubles if its too clogged up. A sign that it was going out was if before this occurrence is if you started your truck after being warmed that it would sputter when idling.

5. OP
    murphdog73

murphdog73 New Member

my truck does not have an EGR system

6. Bill

Bill New Member

Verify if you have spark and fuel. More than likely its the ign module on side of distributor, at times will act up when hot. The stator (inside of distributor) could be at fault also. Ign modules were more prone. Can't be more precise as we would have spare modules mounted on a heat sink and just plug them in as a test.

7. OP
    murphdog73

murphdog73 New Member

i have a coil not distributer, i baught a new one yesterday put it all in and it ran fine until i shut the engine off then it would not start back up.i let it run for about 20 min. i have had some people tell me it might be my computer and then some peolpe say its not, thanks everyone for the coments but does anyone have anymore suggestions? could it be the computer?:furious:

8. WesternPaRanger

WesternPaRanger New Member