1991 Ford Ranger

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by wafire, Sep 25, 2011.

1. wafire

wafire New Member

I got 345K out of her and now she is in need of a complete rebuild. I had the tranny completely rebuilt 10K ago so now I want to do the engine. Does anyone recommend getting the existing engine rebuilt os should I get a remanufactured one from a parts store. Suggestions? Also, I should add, that I was getting lots of rusty water out of the engine no matter how much I flushed it out. (Not sure what that means in terms of rebuilding an engine. Tips and suggestions greatly appreciatedunsure:

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

I got a re-man for $1500. That is probably your best bet. For how much work its gonna take to tear down and rebuild your motor along with the cost of parts and to bore out the block, I would just buy a re-man. Google fliteline engines, that's where I got mine and I found them to be the cheapest.